Updated On January, 2022
Shamaluna hereinafter “us“, “we“, or “our“, manage and operate the https://shamaluna.org website and its subdomains (the “Website“), and the Shamaluna mobile application (collectively the “Services”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH OUR SERVICES:
When you visit or use our Services, register for our primaries, we may obtain various types of information related to you and your use of the Services. This may include information that is capable of identifying you (“Personal Data”) such as your name, address, copy of your ID or passport in case you register for the primaries organized by us, telephone number, e-mail address, IP, or other similar information.
Shamaluna is the data controller in relation to Personal Data collected through the Services.
The information we obtain generally falls into 3 categories: (A) information you voluntarily give us about yourself; (B) information that is automatically collected as you use our Website or other part of our Services; and (C) information we obtain from other sources.
Information You Voluntarily Give Us About Yourself
We may collect different types of information, including Personal Data, that you provide us directly when you register or access various content or features of our Services. Such information may include, among others:
- your first and last name;
- postal address and email address;
- Copy of your ID or Passport;
- telephone number;
- your age, gender and interests;
- the content of messages you send to us;
Information Collected Automatically
Through your access or use of our Services, we and/or third-party contractors we engage, may automatically collect certain information, including Personal Data. Information collected include, but are not limited to:
- Web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you have clicked on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about your interactions with the content of our Services, including video or audio content, such as the type of content accessed;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages and electronic newsletters, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read our emails and electronic newsletters;
- The website you visited before visiting our Website and the website you visited after visiting our Website;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Website or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device;
- Standard server log information; and
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (see additional information of these terms below).
Information We Obtain From Other Sources
We may collect information about you, including Personal Data, from third party sources, including through interactive applications from co-branded partners and websites, from our advertisers, and from other commercially available sources, which information may include:
- your name, email address, address, and telephone number;
- your age, gender, and income level;
- if you access third party website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc…) through our Services, or if you access our Services via a third party service, the information available about you or collected from you on those third party websites, applications or services;
- your interests and purchase behavior;
- your publicly available data;
- other browsing related data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We and our authorized service providers generally use information that we or our authorized service providers collect about you, including Personal Data, for our legitimate interests, including but not limited to:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve user service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your service requests and
- To administer a contest, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
YOUR OPT-OUT CHOICES AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Opt Out and Disabling Cookies and Similar Technologies
You can opt out from receiving emails or newsletters from us or through the Website by following the instructions contained in any such email or newsletter (unsubscribe) or by contacting us directly by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You also have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device. However, if you disable such cookies and other similar technologies, you may not be able to use all the features provided by the Services.
You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that each browser works differently and therefore you will need to check the “Help” menu of your browser in order to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
To limit interest-based advertising on your mobile device, please review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer, such as “Limit Ad Tracking” for iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads” for Android.
Rights to Your Personal Data
You have the right to review, make corrections, update, or request deletion of your Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws. For any such purpose, please contact us by e-mail (email@example.com).
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND WEBSITE
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Although we endeavor to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services and any inward transmission of data is carried out at your own risk.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have questions, requests or concerns regarding your privacy and rights, please let us know how we can help (firstname.lastname@example.org).